RE: PROMOTION OF YOUTH EMPLOYMENT AND VOCATIONAL TRAINING IN KENYA /PROMOTION OF YOUTH EMPLOYMENT AND VOCATIONAL TRAINING THROUGH ICT NO.: TVET PHASES I AND II
The project targets Nairobi Technical Training Institute,KIST and Thika Technical.
The project aims at entrenching dual training where industry plays agreat role in training to enhance the matching of skills to industry requirements.This is modelled along the Germany dual training.
- A pilot class is already in session where admission was done jointly with industry.
- Consultancy to support the implementation of the project is on board
- Implementing Consultancy Agreement signed on 9/9/2020 –The project is ready for take off
- Technical support by GIZ availed: Support for the institutions already availed and institutions are undergoing capacity development in terms of : Curriculum development ,Trainers capacity building and Development of business strategic plans
Project targets, Ekerubo Egeitai, Kitale National Polytechnic, Ramogi Institute of Applied Technology and Bumbe Technical
The project is on course for implementation
SCHOLARSHIP GRANT UNDER THE WINGS TO FLY PROGRAMME
- Wings to Fly Phase IV (7 million EUR Grant, Loan Agreement and Separate Agreement pending)
Negotiations for the Agreement on going from March 2020
- Schedule a meeting with National Treasury on Grant negotiations